Thursday, January 31, 2013

Part Twenty-One (April 23, 1972)

So, we went into the guy's house, which our parents would have freaked out about, because, you know, all older people are perverts who rape children for sport. They weren't here to complain, though, so it didn't matter. Then, of course, the man had to pose the obligatory question, regarding where, exactly, our parents were. He laughed when we told him that we ditched them.

"So," he said when that was all cleared up, "We haven't been properly introduced. My name's John."

"Nice to meet you," I said, "I'm Lyle, and that's Charlie."

"Nice to meet you, too, " he began, "Now, to business... I am a former professor of mythology, folklore, and religion. I retired last year. I haven't had a lot to do, lately, so I've been reading up on these missing children. At first, it appeared to be just a standard kidnapping story. It was sad, and it was an interesting read, but it was frustrating that I could do nothing about it. So, I put it down. Soon, though, my boredom was renewed, so I bought another paper. The next day, I did the same. Then, as I got further into my studies, I began to notice reports of a man without a face. That struck me as odd, so I kept looking. I found more and more of these stories, until I could only reach one conclusion. This thing, whatever it is, is not human."

"Yeah, we came to the same conclusion." I said, "We call him Slender Man."

"Slender Man..." He contemplated, "That's a clever name."

"So," Charlie asked, "Do you have any ideas as to what he really is? You were a mythology professor. You might be able to tell us something important."

"Yes," Professor John said, "I have my theories. But, first, I'd like to know what you know."

No comments:

Post a Comment