Thursday, January 24, 2013

Part Thirteen (April 21, 1972)

Friday... It had been one week since this all began, and I was no closer to understanding how this all fit together. I had more knowledge than I did when I started out, but I still had no clue what it all meant. But I wanted to know. I was scared, exhausted, and discouraged, but I needed to find out. It was like a hunger. I don't know if I just wanted to know the truth, or if I sought closure, but I needed information. Unfortunately, I had none.

Charlie was back, but I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him. He made one little offhand comment about our teacher, and she gave us both detention. If you're wondering why I got it, too, it was because I had the unfortunate impulse to add on to Charlie's joke. We would've used our time in captivity to discuss recent happenings, but the old woman decided that she wanted to keep personal watch on us, so we weren't allowed to say anything. It was nothing but silence for three hours, and it was after school, so we were pretty much forced to do homework. There was nothing better to do, with the teacher glaring down at us from her desk.

When we were done, we both just went back to my house. We were too tired to discuss anything, so we just ate dinner, watched some TV, and went to bed. We promised one another that we would talk in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment