Thursday, November 1, 2012

Part One (April 14, 1972)

Hello. My name is Lyle Johnson. Years ago, I had an experience that has haunted me ever since. I created this blog, to explain what happened to me, and to help others avoid my fate. Although this is a blog, and all entries will be reported in 2012 time, the following events took place in 1972. To avoid confusion, I will title each entry as "Part [insert number here]", followed by the approximate date of the occurrence in parentheses. With that, I will begin.

I lived in a suburb of Seattle, in a small apartment with my parents. I was ten-years-old at the time. At about 3 PM on the day in question, I had just gotten home from school. From the moment that I got home, I immediately rushed into my room to finish all of my homework. It sounds a bit nerdy, or whatever, but level with me a bit. It was a Friday, which obviously meant that I wanted to go outside and hang out with my best bud, Charlie. But my folks were pretty strict, so I had to get all of my work done before doing anything, regardless of when it was due. Therefore, I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as I could.

After about an hour of doing things that I found to have absolutely no use in "real life", I was finally out the door. I told Ma and Pa that I was going to Charlie's. They just nodded. Our parents were relatively okay with the fact that we always hung out at each other's house, by now. They were so used to it, in fact, that I didn't even have to ask. As long as I told them where I was going, they didn't care. It was probably the only thing that they weren't strict about.

Anyway, there I went, headed over to Charlie's.

No comments:

Post a Comment