Monday, November 5, 2012

Part Eight (April 16, 1972)

We left the station, thinking about all that we had learned that day. Who was this man who had left the warning on the tree? What was his purpose, and how was he connected to Slender Man? Of course, we knew that delving too far could attract our child-stalking enemy, but these questions consumed us. We needed to find the answers, no matter what the cost.

As we walked home, we couldn't get away from hearing people get all worked up about the Apollo 16 Launch, which we didn't even bother to watch. It was slightly annoying, because I wanted to watch it, but I spent too much time talking to Charlie about Slender Man and that boy in the woods. Oh, well. I figured that they'd show more footage when they arrived on the moon.

We arrived at my house in silence. Charlie figured that, since he was already with me, he might as well just stay over. Anyway, once we got inside, I expected Ma and Pa to scream at me for being irresponsible enough to walk into a murder scene. Surprisingly, they said nothing. I definitely didn't mind.

Fortunately for Charlie, he already had the police contact his parents and explain the situation to them. We were both glad abut that. It was one less hassle to deal with.

From there, we walked into my room. I turned on the television and and put the news coverage of the launch. We listened to it in the background as we talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment